With Bobby Dalbec, Franchy Cordero, and Hunter Renfroe struggling mightily, moves need to be made sooner or later.
Welcome back to another episode of “The Red Seat” podcast. On this week’s episode Keaton is back on with me to discuss how the Red Sox have looked since their epic nine-game win streak came to an end. They have been playing slightly below .500 baseball since then and if we are to look at why they have struggled it’s hard to look past the bottom of the lineup.
On this episode we spend a whole lot of time breaking down the early season performances of Bobby Dalbec, Franchy Cordero, and Hunter Renfroe. They have struggled mightily.
- Bobby Dalbec: .200/.259/.320 with 1 HR, 6 RBI and a 62 wRC+ with a 34.6% K rate
- Hunter Renfroe: .191/.250/.309 with 2 HR, 11 RBI and a 54 wRC+
- Franchy Cordero: .158/.213/.193 with 0 HR, 5 RBI and a 14 wRC+ with a 41.9% K rate
We answer questions like:
- Who are you most concerned about and why?
- Who do you think, if any, turns it around?
- Who will/should get replaced first?
o Jarren Duran, Danny Santana, and Michael Chavis are the most logical replacement options
- In which order are these guys given a chance?
- Who would you replace and with whom?
Something must be done soon because this division is just far too competitive to wait for all of these guys to figure it out. We also preview the upcoming schedule.
Lastly, we answered a bunch of your listener questions before ending the show.
We hope you enjoyed the show and if you did, make sure you subscribe to us on iTunes, Google Podcast, Spotify, or Stitcher. Also give the show a review. Five-star reviews help us get in more ears and grow the show. Be sure to also follow us on Twitter. You can find Keaton @TheSpokenKeats, and you can find me @DevJake. Thanks for listening!