Daily news and links for Friday
- Post Game Notes: Patriots at Eagles. Matt Judon forces a fumble that leads to Patriots first points; More.
- Erik Scalavino’s Game Observations: Successful business trip for Patriots in Philly.
- Mike Dussault’s 5 Keys from last night’s win over Eagles: Newton, offense show strides, 2. Matt Judon is a force.
- Post Game Quotes: Patriots – Eagles.
- Press Conferences: Bill Belichick – Cam Newton – Jakobi Meyers – Chase Winovich – Harvey Langi.
- Mike Reiss recaps Cam Newton and Mac Jones both having strong showings in the Pats’ Week 2 preseason victory.
- Zack Cox details how Cam Newton and Mac Jones performed.
- Nick Goss talks about how Cam Newton and Mac Jones both impressed last night.
- Karen Guregian finds Cam Newton still not blinking with Mac Jones hot on his tail.
- Andy Hart writes, reports of Cam Newton’s demise may have been premature and exaggerated
- Evan Lazar gives us his instant takeaways from the Patriots’ blowout victory over the Eagles, 35-0. 1. Rookie QB Mac Jones leads three impressive touchdown drives.
- Ryan Hannable shares 10 quick thoughts as both Patriots QBs impress in 35-0 rollover win vs Eagles.
- Luke Ervin (PatsBuzz) Biggest takeaways from Patriots’ preseason victory over the Eagles. 1: Cam Newton and Mac Jones were dominant. 2: Jakobi Meyers looks primed for a big 2021 season.
- Mike D’Abate recaps a pretty win in Philly: Patriots shut out Eagles in preseason Game Two.
- Evan Lazar says the Patriots might have a number one wide receiver in Jakobi Meyers, who had three catches for 56 yards and a touchdown last night.
- Karen Guregian reports Chase Winovich states his case to stick with the Patriots.
- Ryan Hannable calls out J.J. Taylor as the latest running back to break out, which creates quite the roster dilemma.
- Ryan Hannable spotlights five Pats players who helped their chances of making roster in last night’s win.
- Ty Anderson recaps the Pats’ shutout win over the Eagles. The Patriot defense dominated the Eagles’ one-two of Joe Flacco and Nick Mullens, as they finished the night with completions on just 15 of their 32 total passes and totaled a mere 110 passing yards.
- Zack Cox lists his Patriots’ studs and duds from the preseason Week 2 blowout win.
- Zack Cox Patriots Notes: Tough decisions loom at running back for New England; Plus: Chase Winovich bounces back in his preseason debut.
- Zack Cox gives us a N’Keal Harry injury update: Harry was seen with his arm in a sling.
- Andrew Callahan reports how Cam Newton clapped back at trash-talking Eagles DB K’Von Wallace, calls him ‘Glitter’
- Adam London hears from Eagles coach Nick Sirianni on QB Jalen Hurts’ unexpected absence vs. the Patriots. “He actually went to the hospital to get evaluated for his stomach. He came back, everything was good and he’s going to be OK. … He had pain in his abdomen.” /Pats defense already getting QBs in a panic.
- Logan Mullen relays Malcolm Butler on how ex-Falcon Robert Alford admitted the Falcons were celebrating at halftime of Super Bowl LI vs. Patriots.
- NFL Game Center (NFL.com) Patriots 35 at Eagles 0: Drives, stats, highlights.
- Mike Giardi (NFL.com) Patriots’ QB competition heats up as Cam Newton, Mac Jones impress in preseason win over Eagles.
- NFL Nation (ESPN) NFL preseason Week 2 updates and schedule: Cam Newton makes claim as Patriots’ QB1, two more games on Friday.
- Grant Gordon (NFL.com) 2021 NFL preseason, Week 2: What we learned from Thursday’s Patriots win over Eagles.