Daily news and links for Tuesday
- Training Camp: Everything you need to know.
- Paul Perillo’s Day 5 blogservations: Front seven offers many options ‘and the idea of mixing and matching the talent to generate the best combinations of run stoppers and pass rushers is intriguing.’ More.
- Mike Dussault finds second-year linebacker Josh Uche looking to take a big leap after a challenging rookie season.
- Mike Dussault thumbnails five under-the-radar Patriots that have been making an unpadded roster push. 1. WR Kristian Wilkerson: Wilkerson was a bit quiet early in camp but stood out in Saturday’s fourth session catching multiple touchdowns and then followed that up with another strong performance on Monday, shaking loose from Jalen Mills at one point for a nice catch.
- Mike Dussault breaks down the Patriots’ Madden ‘22 ratings.
- Press Conferences: Bill Belichick – Rhamondre Stevenson – Josh Uche – Christian Barmore – Kendrick Bourne – Jalen Mills – Raekwon McMillian – Brandon Bolden – Isaiah Wynn.
- Press Pass: Getting ready for full pads. (video)
- Training Camp Cast: Day 5 Recap, up and down day for QBs. (8 min.)
- Photos: Patriots training camp 8/2.
- Do Your Job: Matthew Slater. (24 min. podcast)
- Ian Glendon (FullPressCoverage) Patriots announce second week of training camp practice.
- Andy Hart says the players are excited for their first full-pads practice.
- Ryan Hannable sees the personality of the 2021 Patriots starting to show in early days of training camp.
- Evan Lazar’s Camp Notebook: Cam Newton gets starter treatment, but Mac Jones has strong practice; LBs Ja’Whaun Bentley and Raekwon McMillan in a camp battle; CB J.C. Jackson’s best practice of camp to date; More.
- Matt Dolloff sends a big-picture postcard after 5 days of Patriots training camp. 1. Cam Newton looking legitimately improved. 2. Deep passing game has potential, but needs work; More.
- Mike D’Abate (PatriotMaven) Five alive: Jones, Bentley continue to stand out in training camp and more observations for Day Five.
- Phil Perry’s Patriots QB report: Cam Newton remains the clear top quarterback on the depth chart at the moment, but Mac Jones was the better QB in Monday’s practice session.
- Karen Guregian writes Josh Uche says only the strong survive, and he plans on being among those who prosper in 2021. She sees Uche and Kyle Dugger poised to have breakout seasons.
- Mike D’Abate (PatriotMaven) Belichick, Harry have “good conversation” regarding trade request from Patriots: Might the New England Patriots’ oft-maligned wide receiver be staying in Foxboro, after all?
- Kevin Tame (PatriotMaven) Nelson Agholor continues to emerge at training camp. “With Meyers and Harry entering year three of their careers, along with the additions of Agholor and Kendrick Bourne, this year’s wide receiver group is expected to be more competitive than it has been in a couple of seasons.”
- Karen Guregian writes how Jalen Mills encourages young players to soak in Bill Belichick’s wisdom.
- Alexandra Francisco reports Jalen Mills clearly plans to take advantage of the fact that his coach is a defensive mastermind and why he’ll give Bill Belichick ‘everything he has.’
- Phil Perry talks about how some new faces are making great first impressions at Pats camp.
- Robert Alvarez (PatsFans) Best of social media: Sights and sounds from Day 5 of training camp.
- Tom Shaw-Mellors (PatsPropaganda) Patriots Tweets of note – training camp 02/08.
- Mike D’Abate (PatriotMaven) Belichick: “Next phase,” Judon, Barmore, Gilmore and More.
- Zack Cox relays Raekwon McMillan who is embracing lessons from his idol Dont’a Hightower.
- Sean T. McGuire hears from Kendrick Bourne how he was left in awe by Mac Jones earlier in training camp after the QB showed his accuracy.
- Sean T. McGuire notes Brandon Bolden says he’s happy to be back ‘I missed them all — even Bill (Belichick)’
- Marcus Kwesi O’Mard highlights what Bill Belichick sees in Cam Newton, Mac Jones early in training camp.
- CBS Boston describes how Mac Jones impersonated Cam Newton for his rookie skit. /Funny guy.
- CBS Boston reports Tom Brady is co-hosting a weekly radio show ‘Let’s Go!’ with Larry Fitzgerald and Jim Gray.
- Albert Breer (SI) Monday Afternoon QB: How Wentz’s surgery impacts two teams; Plus, a potential Foles landing spot (that isn’t Indy), issues for the Bills if they don’t finish Josh Allen’s deal, and more.
- Gregg Rosenthal (NFL.com) 2021 NFL training camps: 16 things we’ve learned thus far. 6) Patriots receiver N’Keal Harry also requested a trade this offseason, but it’s hard to imagine there was much of a market for him after two disappointing years…
- Ben Linsey (PFF) Secondary rankings entering the 2021 NFL season. Patriots 5th.
- Steve Palazzolo (PFF) Offensive line rankings entering the 2021 NFL season. Patriots 3rd.
- Steve Palazzolo (PFF) NFL receiving corps rankings ahead of the 2021 season. Patriots 26th.
- Myles Simmons (ProFootballTalk) Bill Belichick on Stephon Gilmore: Let’s keep taking it day by day.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Happy 44th birthday, Tom Brady.
Leave a Reply