Daily news and links for Monday
*** Sunday’s bonus weekend-edition links page. /In case you missed it. ***
- Tom E. Curran offers his thoughts on the post-draft 3.0 version of the Pats dynasty that’s taken shape.
- Jacob Camenker resets the Patriots’ depth chart after the draft.
- Chris Mason talks about Bill Belichick completing his Patriots roster overhaul with an impactful draft weekend.
- Phil Perry breaks down all eight of New England’s draft picks to see how well they addressed their needs. Overall grade: A-.
- Karen Guregian grades the Patriots and AFC East teams in the draft. Patriots overall grade: A-.
- Conor Roche tells us how the NFL Draft experts graded the Patriots’ 2021 class.
- Matt Dolloff takes a closer look at all the picks the Patriots made in the 2021 draft.
- Ryan Hannable’s Sunday 7: Why the Patriots didn’t prioritize wide receiver in this year’s draft.
- Karen Guregian gives us five key takeaways from the Pats’ 2021 draft haul. 1. Fit over upside: One reason Bill Belichick has had a ton of success as a head coach is because he’s always had a keen eye identifying players who best fit his system on both sides of the ball.
- Henry McKenna (PatriotsWire) 12 takeaways from the Patriots’ 2021 NFL draft class. 2. Alabama QB Mac Jones changes everything.
- Michael Hurley tells us everything the Patriots did at the 2021 NFL Draft.
- Doug Kyed explains how the Patriots took massive swings, and found exceptional value, on high risk/reward picks.
- Luke Ervin (PatsBuzz) Patriots 2021 NFL draft review: Draft grade, favorite selection, biggest steal; More.
- Ryan Hannable says if feels like the Patriots got a steal in DE Ronnie Perkins, who said he models his game after Willie McGinest and Dont’a Hightower.
- Mike D’Abate (FullPressCoverage) And, on the third day: Patriots address needs in the closing rounds.
- Ryan Hannable offers three thoughts on each pick: RB Rhamondre Stevenson – LB Cameron McGrone – S Joshuah Bledsoe – OL William Sherman – WR Tre Nixon.
- Danny Jaillet (PatriotsWire) 6 things Patriots fans need to know about Oklahoma RB Rhamondre Stevenson.
- KJ Doyle (GuyBostonSports) Who should start Week 1: Cam Newton or Mac Jones? /Too early for this, lol.
- Robert Alvarez (PatsFans) Inside The Patriots draft war room The moment Christian Barmore was chosen.
- Ryan Hannable highlights Rhamondre Stevenson on why he was surprised to be drafted by the Pats in Round 4. “I hadn’t been communicating with them as much as other teams.”
- Darren Hartwell puts out the post-draft NFL power rankings. Pats move up two spots to No. 14.
- Andy Hart suggests Bill Belichick may not have to look far to replace Ernie Adams: Matt Patricia. /Interesting.
- Alexandria Francisco notes Julian Edelman shuts down the idea that he’ll join Buccaneers.
- Rob Bradford notes Tom Brady’s Kentucky Derby outfit doesn’t disappoint.
- Patriots Talk podcast: Tom Curran and Phil Perry grade the Patriots’ draft; What they would have liked the Patriots to do differently and if the 3.0 version of the Patriots dynasty has taken shape. (42 min.)
- Albert Breer (SI) Monday Morning QB: QBs Justin Fields, Trey Lance, Aaron Rodgers and Inside the biggest stories on draft night; Plus, takeaways on Mac Jones, Davis Mills, DeVonta Smith and many more leftovers from the draft.
- Peter King (ProFootballTalk) FMIA: On drama in Green Bay, The 49er fakeout, and the ’21 NFL Draft.
- Sam Monson (PFF) Can Mac Jones break the trend and succeed in the NFL despite lack of high-end traits?
- Kaelen Jones (The Ringer) The Patriots didn’t need to do any wheeling and dealing to get Mac Jones.
- Nora Princiotti (The Ringer) The NFL’s QB cycle is spinning faster than some teams can keep up. /Missed this earlier, but a good read.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) In the early rookie of the year odds, Najee Harris stands out.
- Vinnie Iyer (Sporting News) The 11 best late-round steals in the 2021 NFL Draft include picks by Patriots: Michigan LB Cameron McGrone (fifth round, No. 177 overall)
- Mason Smoller (LastWordOnSports) 2021 AFC East NFL draft grades, analysis. Patriots: A+.
- Nate Davis (USA Today) NFL draft grades. Patriots: A-.
- Vinnie Iyer (Sporting News) NFL Draft grades 2021: All 32 draft classes ranked from best (Dolphins) to worst (Raiders). Patriots: 16th, Grade: B+.
- Eric Edholm (Yahoo! Sports) Final draft grades. Patriots: B-. Favorite pick: Perkins, Least-favorite pick: Barmore.
- Cody Benjamin (CBS Sports) 2021 NFL Draft winners and losers.
- Bill Bender (Sporting News) 2021 NFL Draft picks by college: Alabama, Ohio State tie for most picks with 10 apiece
- Michael Middlehurst-Schwartz (USA Today) 2021 NFL draft’s best undrafted players.
- Mike Clay (ESPN) Post-draft projections for all 32 teams. [pdf]
- John Healy (Audacy) Schefter: Belief in ‘league circles’ is Deshaun Watson will not play at all in 2021.