Daily news and links for Tuesday
- Primer: 2019 NFL Draft – Everything you need to know.
- Andy Hart and Paul Perillo look at 5 prospects at each position that might make sense for New England: QB – RB – WR – TE.
- From NFL Network: Daniel Jeremiah on filling the Gronk void. (1.37 min. video)
- Glen Farley details how the Patriots draft is truly a team effort, with a number of people behind the scenes contributing to what will unfold at One Patriot Place.
- Andrew Callahan explains why the 2019 NFL Draft is New England’s most important in almost a decade.
- Thomas Murphy (DiehardBostonSportsFans) My 2019 Monster Patriots draft (wish list). Trading up for Kyler Murray? What? /I kiiid, I kid…
- Phil Perry continues his Prototypical Patriots series: If the Patriots want an edge defender in the draft, would they go for a sub rusher who focuses on passing downs? Or more of an every-down defender?
- Doug Kyed picks a safety for the Patriots in each round of the 2019 NFL draft.
- Kevin Duffy examines the prospects who fit best in New England for each position.
- Tom E. Curran gives us a look at the top NFL draft talent taken with the 32nd pick.
- WEEI highlights NFL draft expert Tony Pauline explaining why the Patriots may trade out of first round.
- Henry McKenna (PatriotsWire) Report: Patriots showing major interest in Will Grier.
- Nick Briscoe (PatriotsWIre) Could the Patriots land Montez Sweat amid his fall down draft boards?
- Henry McKenna (PatriotsWire) Deion Branch explains how a Patriots rookie receiver can contribute.
- Adam London notes Tom Brady’s Instagram comment has fired up Brad Marchand for Bruins-Leafs Game 7 tonight.
- Nick O’Malley notes Tedy Bruschi posted an Instagram video of when he was drafted in 1996, showing Chris Berman’s incredulous reaction to him being selected.
- Robert Alvarez (PatsFans) Best of social media: The New England Patriots celebrate Easter.
- Nick O’Malley posts a Patriots mock draft tracker: Who the experts think Bill Belichick will take in Round 1.
- Karen Guregian takes a crack at mocking the draft. Pats pick Alabama TE Irv Smith at 32.
- Ryan Hannable puts together a Patriots seven-round mock draft that could include a trade or two.
- Darin Gantt (ProFootballTalk) Trading with Bill Belichick is a quick process.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Bill Belichick was the only active coach to help pick the top 100 players of all time.
- Luke Easterling (DraftWire) Everything you need to know about the 2019 NFL draft.
- Nate Davis (USA Today) AFC team needs for NFL draft: Will Patriots invest top picks in receiver, tight end?
- Albert Breer (SI) Monday Afternoon QB: Panthers or Texans could trade up; don’t be surprised if Lions take a QB; More NFL draft rumors.
- Jonathan Jones (SI) Morning Huddle: Who might be looking to trade in the first round?
- Caleb Friedman (SI) Everything you need to know about the 2019 NFL draft’s top storylines.
- Jenny Vrentas (SI) The NFL draft information trade: How teams gather nuggets of knowledge to shape draft decisions.
- Michael Middlehurst-Schwartz (USA Today) NFL draft 2019 rankings: Nick Bosa, Quinnen Williams lead defense-heavy top 50.
- Danny Kelly (The Ringer) The Outliers: How polarizing prospects will define the NFL draft.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Raiders apparently blame unusual move on potential surprise pick.
- Terez Paylor (Yahoo! Sports) Meet the fifth annual All-Juice Team for 2019 NFL draft.
- Erik Bacharach (Tennessean) 2019 NFL Draft in Nashville: Sizing up all 32 teams’ biggest needs in the draft. Pats: WR, TE.
- Adam Rank (NFL.com) 2018 NFL Draft do-over. Pats pick RB Sony Michel at 23, and TE Dallas Goedert at 31.
- Caroline (SupCaroline) Idk about you, but I’m feeling like being drafted #22.
- Nate Rau, et al. (Tennessean) The story of Nashville’s path to host the NFL Draft mirrors the Titans arrival in Tennessee…
- Staff (Tennessean) Draftville podcast: Mel Kiper reflects on his 40 years of NFL draft coverage and previews this year’s.
- Frank Schwab (Yahoo! Sports) Peyton Manning reportedly won’t be on ‘Monday Night Football,’ so what will ESPN do?
- Cameron Filipe (Football Zebras) Brad Rogers to fill newest white hat vacancy.
- Nick O’Malley offers a list of foods Tom Brady’s TB12 Sports says you should avoid (like corn and ketchup). Plus a recipe video of how to make Tom Brady’s Coconut Bacon.
- Michael McCann (SI) Why Robert Kraft’s legal team could have trouble preventing release of Day Spa videos.
- Marc Freeman (South Florida Sun-Sentinel) Florida cops snuck cameras into massage parlors years before Robert Kraft’s prostitution sting.
- Karol Markowicz (NY Post) Why Bob Kraft’s ordeal should alarm us all. “Kneel and confess guilt, or we will release embarrassing footage of you. That shouldn’t be how our justice system operates.”
- Terry Spencer (AP) Customers videotaped at spa in Kraft case sue authorities.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Robert Kraft’s case would be far more alarming, if he weren’t a billionaire.