Daily news and links for Tuesday
- Patriots announce 2019 Hall of Fame finalists: S Rodney Harrison (2.43 min. video), DE Richard Seymour (1.36 min.video) and LB Mike Vrabel (1.41 min. video).
- Erik Scalavino says that the Patriots are off and running in Phase One of the offseason program.
- John Rooke’s View from Above: The time to begin again has arrived. Phase One consists primarily of strength conditioning as noted, which includes rehabilitation for injuries. Teams can also meet with players for up to four hours per day.
- Back to School: Day 1 of offseason program. (39 second video)
- Tom E. Curran writes, as Bill Belichick turns 67 today he shows no sign of slowing down. “He’s got nothing to prove, nobody to impress. And he just grinds on.”
- Henry McKenna (PatriotsWire) It’s just a matter of time: Bill Belichick will miraculously fill huge holes on 2019 roster.
- David Latham (LastWordOnSports) Why April 16th is so significant to the New England Patriots.
- Darren Hartwell wonders if the ripple effect to Russell Wilson’s massive contract extension will reach Tom Brady.
- Mike Reiss explains why Tom Brady and Michael Bennett will not participate in the voluntary offseason workout program, how Julian Edelman’s workout bonus is the team’s highest, and more.
- Ryan Hannable notes Tom Brady will miss this year’s voluntary offseason workout program, but reportedly could bulk up before returning.
- Kevin Duffy thinks Tom Brady is likely to follow the same offseason plan as he did in 2018.
- Mark Daniels says the Patriots offseason workout program started on Monday.
- Doug Kyed reports Jonathan Jones is officially returning to the Patriots on a 1-year deal.
- Matt Dolloff mentions Patrick Chung gets a $4 million signing bonus as part of his extension.
- Jordy McElroy (PatriotsWire) 5 dream scenarios for the Patriots at the 2019 NFL Draft.
- Evan Lazar posts his Patriots Top 50 Big Board: 50-41 – 40-31.
- J.P. Scott (PatriotsWire) 5 quarterback prospects Patriots should target in 2019 NFL Draft.
- Ryan Hannable notes the Patriots continue to do homework on QBs, reportedly meeting with two more.
- Phil Perry continues his Prototypical Patriots series: Time for the next big back in New England?
- Doug Kyed picks a running back for the Patriots in each round of the draft.
- Kevin Duffy believes secondary is a low priority for the Pats in the draft.
- Zack Cox NFL Rumors: Why 6-Foot-4 Vanderbilt CB Joejuan Williams could interest the Patriots in NFL draft.
- Evan Lazar & Alex Barth kick off a series of Potential Patriots: Quarterback. (11.03 min. video)
- Steve Balestrieri (PatsFans) Mock draft 3.0. Pats trade up to No. 21, pick Iowa TE Noah Fant.
- Marcus Kwesi O’Mard relays Tedy Bruschi comparing running the Boston Marathon to Super Bowl wins, “This is my third … three rings, three medals and I’m out.”
- Brad Gagnon (Bleacher Report) Is the heir to Tom Brady in the 2019 NFL draft?
- Julia Brucculieri [2/18] (HuffPost) Tom Brady has had way more hairstyles than Super Bowl wins.
- Shalise Manza Young (Yahoo! Sports) NFL announces full 2019 schedule to be unveiled Wednesday night.
- Bucky Brooks (NFL.com) What makes a Super Bowl contender: 12 ingredients — and five teams that have ‘em. Patriots top the list (of course).
- Albert Breer (SI) Monday Afternoon QB: Cardinals’ non-Kyler options at No. 1, Montez Sweat off some boards, More draft thoughts.
- Conor Orr (SI) Morning Huddle: Are we exiting the NFL draft’s spin season or arriving at the craziest part?
- Gil Brandt (NFL.com) Hot 150: Top-ranked prospects in the 2019 NFL Draft.
- Sam Cooper (Yahoo! Sports) Reports: Seahawks, QB Russell Wilson agree to record-breaking contract extension.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Quarterback market has exploded in less than two years.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Russell Wilson pushes new-money bar to $35 million per year.
- Nate Davis (USA Today) NFL mock draft: Which team might trade for Oklahoma’s Kyler Murray if Cardinals pass at No. 1?
- Ronn Blitzer (LawandCrime) Massage Parlor customer sues cops over setting up video that allegedly caught Robert Kraft.