Daily news and links for Friday
- Rob Rang’s Draft Prospect Profiles: Cornerback.
- Angelique Fiske reports Duron Harmon visited with students at the Boston Higashi School for Autism Awareness Month.
- Patriots Unfiltered: Receiver depth a cause for concern? (2 hour program)
- David Latham (LastWordOnSports) Top remaining New England Patriots free agent fits.
- Phil Perry kicks off the Prototypical Patriots series with a look at the quarterbacks in the 2019 draft class.
- Mark Daniels talks about how pass catchers have been hard to find in the draft for Belichick’s Patriots.
- J.P. Scott (PatriotsWire) 5 cornerback prospects the Patriots should target in the 2019 NFL draft.
- Ryan Hannable passes along a report that first-round Iowa TE Noah Fant is expected to meet with the Patriots.
- Doug Kyed NFL Rumors: Patriots hosted versatile Baylor WR Jalen Hurd on pre-draft visit.
- Matt Dolloff notes the Pats are hosting South Carolina WR Deebo Samuel for top-30 visit.
- Doug Kyed addresses his Friday Patriots Mailbag: Should the Patriots draft a QB in first round? Is TE still a big need? More.
- Mike Dussault (PatsPropaganda) Patriots 2019 preseason set.
- Rob Bradford shares a Tom Brady hype video for Boston Marathon runners.
- NBC Sports Boston relays Tim Tebow on Tom Brady: ‘He’s his best when it’s needed the most’.
- Henry McKenna (PatriotsWire) Andrew Hawkins uses Magic Johnson meme to joke about stint with Patriots.
- Evan Lazar and Adam Kurkjian Patriots All-22 Podcast: QB guru Mark Schofield joins in to preview the potential heirs to Tom Brady in this year’s draft. (1 hour)
- Ricky Doyle tells us who Mel Kiper and Todd McShay believe New England should select in rounds 1-3 based on their most recent GM-style mock draft.
- Dave Birkett (Detroit Free Press) Detroit Lions open preseason vs. Patriots; 2 sets of joint practices expected.
- Michael David Smith (ProFootballTalk) Belichick wonders who can cover all the big receivers in this draft.
- Mike Tanier (Bleacher Report) NFL’s passing revolution has defenses scared, but draft promises help aplenty.
- Mike Freeman (Bleacher Report) 10-Point Stance: Antonio Brown revenge campaign perplexes NFL.
- Pat Leonard (NY Daily News) Source: Patriots were interested in Sterling Shepard trade before his extension.
- Brent Sobleski (Bleacher Report) Each team’s biggest question heading into the 2019 NFL draft. How do the Patriots replace TE Rob Gronkowski?
- Mark W. Sanchez (NY Post) Ex-Jet becomes Patriots’ Rob Gronkowski replacement. “The stakes have been raised.” /lols.
- John Clayton (Washington Post) As NFL salaries continue to rise, more teams adopt new rules for roster-building.
- Jason La Canfora (CBS Sports) 2019 NFL Draft: Setting Round 1 over/unders for each position, with linemen dominating the field.
- Bucky Brooks (NFL.com) Top 5 2019 NFL draft prospects by position 3.0.
- Charles Robinson (Yahoo! Sports) Kyler Murray, Nick Bosa among 5 most lied about top players in 2019 NFL draft class.
- Michael David Smith (ProFootballTalk) Replay review on pass interference may have unintended consequences.
- Albert Breer (SI) Game Plan: What we know about the early CBA talks—and how it sets the stage for later negotiations.
- Dan Benton (TouchdownWire) 11 preseason games actually worth watching. 6th, Week 1: Patriots at Lions and 3rd, Week 2: Patriots at Titans included.
- Nate Davis (USA Today) NFL draft’s 100 biggest busts: Which picks, trades proved to be whiffs?
- Jacob Bogage (Washington Post) CTE researchers discover possible step toward diagnostic test for living patients.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) XFL ‘reimagining football’ by considering possibility of allowing multiple forward passes per play.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Incoming players shouldn’t feel compelled to delete political tweets.